New items are in BOLD, all others items are reminders from previous emails.
1) CORRECTION TO SCHEDULE FOR 4/28/15
ALL 11th grade students taking the ACT at Incline HS on Tuesday 4/28 ~ It was previously noted that there would be no school for non-testing students as this is the practice for Reno/Sparks area schools. Incline HS will remain on a regular schedule that day with ALL students attending school.
2) IHS is in need of a washer and dryer. If you have one or both that you can donate, please IHS and speak with Val Jackson (832-4260, option 4).
3) New technology arrives at Incline High School | TahoeDailyTribune.com
|New technology arrives at Incline High School | TahoeDai... The 2015 annual Crab and Pasta Feed organized by the IHS Boosters was an amazing success thanks to the community’s generosity.The Fund-a-Need donations for la...|
|View on www.tahoedailytribun...||Preview by Yahoo|
4) Thank you to everyone that has signed up to help. We still have several slots that need to be filled. Please click on the link below and sign up to help where you can.
Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up soon! Please use the link below to sign up to help with set up or clean up each day or to bring food items for the different meals we will be providing each day.
|Hello, IHS Parent!
You have been invited by IHS Boosters to sign up for "IHS Teacher Appreciation 2015." Please click on the link below to view the online sign up sheet.
To sign up, go to:
5) Due to the success of our College Planning Parent Workshop on March 25th, the IHS Boosters have contracted with Alex Ellison to bring the following workshops to IHS. Juniors and Sophomores will be attending during 1st period. We hope to be able to bring more workshops to all IHS students in the 2015-16 school year.
May 26th ❖†College Admissions Myth-Busters Workshop common misconceptions about college admissions and reveal what you need to know about planning for college.
June 2nd ❖†Building the College List discover how to identify your college criteria, how to get the juicy information on a school and what to look for in a good fit.
June 9th ❖†Inside College Admissions Case Study See what the college admissions process looks like by putting students in the shoes of admissions officers as they review student applications.
And watch for sign-ups for a FREE one-on-one college counseling session with Alex during the first two weeks of June. (provided by the IHS Boosters)
6) If you have an IHS PE t-shirt that you are no longer using, please consider donating it to the school for use by students that are in need. Thank you!
7) SCHOOL CLIMATE SURVEY Please take a moment to fill out this survey by June 12, 2015. The information you provide will help all schools build better partnerships with parents and students. All of your responses will be kept confidential. Please fill out the raffle ticket to win a prize from one of our sponsors. Please go to www.washoeschools.net and click on the Parent Climate icon on the main page to take the survey.
8) CYMBAL NEWS:
• The BIG CYMBAL RAFFLE will begin the week of April 20th and run through May 28th. Raffle tickets can be purchased directly through students so they have the opportunity to earn prizes, or you can purchase tickets directly at this link (and still give credit to specific students): http://cymbalincline.org/raffle2015.html
• PLEASE LIKE OUR CYMBAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!! & stay current on music activities and our music students in Incline: https://www.facebook.com/cymbalincline
• CURRENT RAFFLE PRIZE LIST as of 4-2-15 — See Attached
Need something for your awesome 80's outfit? Dress the Part(y) is offering anyone buying something for this event a 15% discount!
10) The 2015-16 IHS Course Offering Book is available HERE.
11) Scholarship Information:
Ladah Law Firm, PLLC is offering a $2,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior or college student (who is not graduating in 2015), and is seeking a law degree. Go to http://www.ladahlaw.com/injury-scholarship for more information.
12) Plan ahead - Prom is Saturday, May 30th. Graduation is Thursday, June 18th at 5pm (note the new time).
13) Please sign up for and/or attach your Raley's Something Extra account to the Raley's Extra Credit program and specify the Incline High School Boosters as one of your recipients.
Go to http://www.raleys.com/www/scrip_home
And make sure to use http://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0232960 when shopping on Amazon.
14) Baseball and Softball have home games against Battle Mountain this week - Friday at 4pm and Saturday at 11am and 1pm. Games are at the IMS baseball field complex. The Swim team has a home meet on Friday at 3pm (IV Rec Center). GO HIGHLANDERS!
LIKE Incline High School Boosters on Facebook (www.facebook.com/InclineHSBoosters) to keep up-to-date on IHS happenings, including recent scores and results from our Highlander teams!