... Integrity, Humanity, Scholarship
Benefiting More than One Student for More than One Year
LIKE us on Facebook!
The 34th Annual IHS Crab Feed will be on
Saturday, January 30th, 2016.
Go to InclineCrabFeed.com for more information!
The 2016 Crab Feed brought in OVER $200,000!Thank you for your support!
CONGRATULATIONS to INCLINE HIGH SCHOOL!!!
We passed the Accreditation process with flying colors!
Thank you to all IHS faculty and staff members for your hard work!
Spring Break is April 4th thru April 8th - NO SCHOOL
The 2016-17 IHS Course Offerings booklet is now available HERE.
1) The partial listing of scholarships that may be of interest to our students has recently been updated with new scholarships:
2) Yearbook Photo Contest
Submit your original photo for a chance to win a FREE yearbook.
The yearbook staff is looking for YOUR pictures to include in the 2016 edition of the Targe. Submit a high resolution (300dpi) original image of Sports, Student Life, Clubs or Events here at Incline High that you want to share with the masses. The winner of each category will receive a local gift certificate. The Grand Prize is a Free 2016 Yearbook. You can email your image in OR submit it on a CD. See Mrs. Henderson Seitz, Bri Barraza, Matt Colby, or Joey Stranzl for more details!
DUE April 1st
Amy Henderson Seitz, M.Ed. NBCT
3) *RAFFLE PRIZES NEEDED! Please consider donating to the weekly Incline HS Student Raffle. Students love to get $5- gift cards from T’s or IV Coffee Lab! Other prizes welcome as well (T-shirts, hats, school supplies, movie tickets). Please bring donations to Kari Michael in the front office.
4) FINAL WEEK TO VOTE!
Please help out Incline Middle School and go to Farmers Insurance Thank America's Teachers to vote for their proposal to fund 8th grade Outdoor Education.
Search for Teacher name 'Snearly', select the proposal that comes up, enter your email address, check the box, and SUBMIT. You may vote once a day thru March 31st. Note you will have to confirm your vote by clicking on the appropriate link in the email that is sent to you.
5) WCSD School Board Candidate Search:
Five finalists were selected by the school board. A second public meeting will be held March 29 at 5:30 p.m. at the Washoe County Commission Chambers, during which Trustees will interview all of the finalists and determine who will be selected to serve through December 2016, when the term expires. For more information go to http://www.washoeschools.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=2000&ViewID=7B97F7ED-8E5E-4120-848F-A8B4987D588F&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=10102&PageID=1
6) If you have an IHS PE t-shirt that you are no longer using, please consider donating it to the school for use by students that are in need. Thank you!
7) Log into www.CollegeWeekLive.com and visit five or more college pages to gain entry into their $5,000 scholarship!
FAFSA information to be aware of:
9) SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Community Foundation of Western Nevada Scholarship Listing
2016-2017 academic year
The Community Foundation of Western Nevada’s scholarships are available online! Applications must be submitted via online links, accessible through Community Foundation of Western Nevada’s website: www.nevadafund.org/receive. The application deadline for most scholarships is March 1*.
This Scholarship Listing presents the scholarships offered in several ways:
* Geographic area and school enrollment
* Traditional and nontraditional
* Alphabetical order
Read through the entire document to ensure you apply for ALL scholarships for which you are eligible.
And here is a partial listing of scholarships that may be of interest to our students:
10) News from Washoe County School District:
State Announcement on Emergency Provisional Licensing for Teachers:
CONVERSATION CORNER (WCSD Community Meeting with Superintendent Traci Davis)
Next meeting 4/14 at 8am - TMCC William Pennington Health Science Center - Room HTCR 103
(18600 Wedge Parkway, Building B)
We have developed a webpage which includes information about topics discussed at the last meeting and provides an opportunity for people who were unable to attend to submit questions to the Superintendent online. In addition, we will include a video/podcast with District experts and the Superintendent to offer in-depth information about topics discussed during the previous meeting. Follow this link to the Conversation Corner website.
11) We currently only have 2 people signed up. If you frequent Red Robin, please consider connecting your Red Robin Royalty card to our school.
Join Red Robin Royalty today and support your local school. Every time you visit a Red Robin location and use your Royalty account, Red Robin will make a donation to your school of choice.
---> Join Today: https://royalty.redrobin.com?utm_campaign=burgersforbetterschools&utm_source=email&utm_medium=RT
12) Please sign up for and/or attach your Raley's Something Extra account to the Raley's Extra Credit program and specify the Incline High School Boosters as one of your recipients.
Go to http://www.raleys.com/www/scrip_home
And make sure to use http://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0232960 when shopping on Amazon.
LIKE Incline High School Boosters on Facebook (www.facebook.com/InclineHSBoosters) to keep up-to-date on IHS happenings, including recent scores and results from our Highlander teams!