New items are in BOLD, all others items are reminders from previous emails.
1) CORRECTION TO SCHEDULE FOR 4/28/15
ALL 11th grade students taking the ACT at Incline HS on Tuesday 4/28 ~ It was previously noted that there would be no school for non-testing students as this is the practice for Reno/Sparks area schools. Incline HS will remain on a regular schedule that day with ALL students attending school.
2) The 2015-16 IHS Course Offering Book is available HERE.
3) TMCC will administer the Accuplacer Test, which is required for admission to TMCC, free of charge on Wednesday, 4/1 at 1:30 in the Career Center. Students must have applied to TMCC at least 3 days prior to testing.
Please help remind your senior students to see Mrs. McLochlin ASAP to sign up!
4) The winners of the local Rotary Speech Contest are: 3rd place Ryan Eppolito , 2nd place Mitchell Cornell, 1st place Owen Price. All 3 performed admirably and the judging was very close.
Both Owen and Mitchell will proceed to the Rotary Area Contest which will be held On Wednesday, April 22nd at 5pm at the Cornerstone Community Church.
All are invited to attend. Support our students. They will be competing against Truckee and Tahoe City. The winner goes to the District Conference in May where the prize for First Place is $1000.00
5) The Boosters' would really appreciate your feedback on the College Info Night presentation by Alex Ellison on Wednesday 3/25 at Gus' Open Pit BBQ, Please take a moment to respond to this email with answers to the following questions. 1. Was this event informative?2. Was the venue conducive to you getting information? (could you hear / see? did you want/need food?) Would you attend future events if they were held at IHS and had NO food?3. Do you agree or disagree with the following proposition: The Booster's should hire Alex Ellison to provide more forums... specifically: -once monthly workshops for students during first period (at IHS) from Sept-June 2015-16 -two to three "parent" nights during the 2015-16 academic year on broader topics of the college application process4. What would you have liked to have seen or heard INSTEAD of the information or format that Ms. Ellison presented? i.e. was there specific information about the college process that you would like to hear about? if so, please discuss thanks, IHS Boosters
6) Teacher of the Year 2015! Please nominate an IHS favorite!
Now is your opportunity to recognize the teacher who has made a difference in your (or your student’s) life!
Nominate a teacher who has:
-excited students about learning
-effectively collaborated or communicated with students, parents, community
–demonstrated knowledge of subject matter & a passion for teaching
-inspired or motivated others to contribute to the school, district, community
Teachers within the TTUSD and Incline Village Public Schools are eligible for nomination.
To nominate a teacher, please include the following:
-Name of nominee
-Relation to nominee (peer, parent, student)
-2 to 4 reasons WHY you are nominating the individual
7) Incline HS will host another blood drive on Friday, April 3rd from 8:30am – 2:00pm. Students 16 years or older are eligible to donate with parent permission and community members are welcome to join.
8) Support Incline Middle School:
Get ready for an 80’s dance party at The Crystal Bay Club on Friday, May 1st. Tickets will go on sale April 1st - they are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. All proceeds will benefit Incline Middle School’s Outdoor Education. We will have a DJ spinning popular 80’s tunes and a stage set up with mics, drums, and guitars so people can have fun on stage lip synching and being a “Rock Star.” This is a 21 and older event.
KEEP VOTING DAILY! Voting has started for the IMS Outdoor Education Trip grant of $2,500. After you get the website below, click on Vote for a Teacher and search for proposals in Incline Village, NV 89451. Vote and Share on Facebook and encourage everyone you know to VOTE! You can vote once a day! Let's win this thing! Thank you!
Thank Americas Teachers
|Thank Americas Teachers Go on tour with Farmers Insurance & Thank America’s Teachers. Farmers believes in the power of smart. Inspired by the great work teachers do every day to make us al...|
|View on www.thankamericas...||Preview by Yahoo|
9) Scholarship Information:
Ladah Law Firm, PLLC is offering a $2,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior or college student (who is not graduating in 2015), and is seeking a law degree. Go to http://www.ladahlaw.com/injury-scholarship for more information.
10) The Post Graduation Success Series will take place every Wednesday during the enrichment period from 7:35am-8:25am, in the Little Theater beginning this Wednesday, February 25th through April 1st.
This series is geared toward preparing youth for life after high school, encouraging them to start thinking about options such as further education and ways to make responsible, professional decisions after high school .This six week series will focus on essential life skills such as career exploration, resume building, filling out applications, and internships, as well as information relevant to graduating seniors who will be attending college in fall 2015 or for students who anticipate going to college. This workshop is open to all students 9th-12th grade and welcomes parents and teachers to attend as well.
The presenters have a wealth of knowledge and valuable information they look forward to sharing that would be beneficial to the success of high school students. However, we need the support and encouragement from the teachers and staff to ensure attendance and make this workshop a success. We will provide incentives such as pastry snacks, donated from Starbucks and attendance raffle prize drawings for each workshop.
Attached is a detailed description of the agenda. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time, your support and for all of the energy you dedicate each day towards building these students a bright and healthy future.
Teen & Family Programs Coordinator, AmeriCorps Volunteer
Incline Village Parks & Recreation Department
980 Incline Way, Incline Village NV 89451
11) Plan ahead - Prom is Saturday, May 30th. Graduation is Thursday, June 18th at 5pm (note the new time).
12) Please sign up for and/or attach your Raley's Something Extra account to the Raley's Extra Credit program and specify the Incline High School Boosters as one of your recipients.
Go to http://www.raleys.com/www/scrip_home
And make sure to use http://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0232960 when shopping on Amazon.
LIKE Incline High School Boosters on Facebook (www.facebook.com/InclineHSBoosters) to keep up-to-date on IHS happenings, including recent scores and results from our Highlander teams!