New items are in BOLD, all others items are reminders from previous emails.
Congratulations to our IHS Varsity Basketball teams!
Both teams have clinched spots in this year's Regional Tournament!!!
Way to go!
(Games will be on 2/20 and 2/21 at Incline High School)
THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered, attended, donated to,
and supported the 33rd annual IHS Crab and Pasta Feed!
We will publish the net income soon, but it was definitely a
1) There is an IHS Boosters meeting on Monday 2/2 at noon in the IHS office conference room.
2) Rotary Club Speech Contest Entry Forms are now available. The contest is open to all high school students. The ultimate prize is $1000. This year's topic is timely and challenging. - IS IT BETTER TO LIGHT A SINGLE CANDLE THAN TO SIT AND CURSE THE DARKNESS? Entry Forms and Contest Rules are available in the IHS Library. Deadline is March 12. Contest will be held on March 19.
3) Attention all JUNIORS - Wednesday, February 4th, you will be taking a practice ACT test at school in the small gym starting at 8:30am, The only class you will attend that day will be 1st period. You will be testing for 4 hours followed by a class luncheon and release at 1:30pm. There will be one 15 minute break, please bring a snack.
4) We are still in need of Track Coaches - Boys Head Coach and 2 assistant coaches. If we don't get coaches there may not be a Track team this Spring.
The Incline High School basketball season has begun! We will be offering concessions for home games when all four teams (i.e., JV Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys) play, and can use your help!
5) PLEASE SIGN UP TO HELP!!!!
(This is not only an important fundraiser for the Boosters but it is a real service to all fans - visiting and hometown - that attend our games)
Hello IHS Boosters!
A link with the home schedule (and concessions sign-up) is attached. There are lots of opportunities to help. Please take a look and enter your name and email address for any shifts that you'd like to help.
2014-2015 IHS Basketball Concessions Schedule:
2014-2015 IHS Basketball Concessions
6) Hello Parents and Students,
In the past the regional scholarships have been posted on our website for your students’ to access. It was a listing of the websites and contacts as well as due dates.
This year, the District has posted them to one site. It is now available at http://www.washoeschools.net/Page/3489
· This site has listings of the Reno/Tahoe scholarships and their availability and due dates. The District’s Counselors have also researched some useful scholarship sites. Please take some time to review the site.
· The Incline High School Scholarship will be opened on January 5, 2015 and will be due by February 27. We will be posting instructions on the inclinehs.org site, the new Incline High School site and on the Naviance site. The change of dates will be necessary to institute changes in the program ( ZOHO).
· There will be four afternoon workshops for parents and students to receive help on the FAFSA application and the scholarship application. We will post and send home a flyer during the week of December 15th.
7) Plan ahead - Prom is Saturday, May 30th. Graduation is Thursday, June 18th at 5pm (note the new time).
8) Please sign up for and/or attach your Raley's Something Extra account to the Raley's Extra Credit program and specify the Incline High School Boosters as one of your recipients.
Go to http://www.raleys.com/www/scrip_home
And make sure to use http://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0232960 when shopping on Amazon.
9) The Basketball teams play at home on Saturday vs. Silver Stage (Girls JV at 11am, Boys JV at 12:30pm, Girls Varsity at 2pm, Boys Varsity at 3:30pm). Come out and cheer our athletes on - GO HIGHLANDERS!
LIKE Incline High School Boosters on Facebook (www.facebook.com/InclineHSBoosters) to keep up-to-date on IHS happenings, including recent scores and results from our Highlander teams!